Then we headed home to begin our Christmas Eve traditions. First, we opened our Christmas PJ's from Grandma Kathy & Grandpa Murray.
Second-Dad read "The Night Before Christmas".
Next, I read about the birth of our Savior from the New Testament. The kids placed the flannel board pictures down as I read.
Now it is time for a Coke! We each get a Coke and we have a toast as a family. Thank You Grandma Mecham for always finding the cokes in a bottle and getting them for us!Finally, we get the cookies & milk ready for Santa and carrots for the reindeer.
What a fun day! I love Christmas Eve, I love the excitement, I love being able to think about and discuss the true meaning of Christmas and why we celebrate this big day!
What a fun day! I love Christmas Eve, I love the excitement, I love being able to think about and discuss the true meaning of Christmas and why we celebrate this big day! The kids had a hard time falling asleep--of course. We checked on Santa's location several times throughout the evening on the internet.

No comments:
Post a Comment