Thursday, May 26, 2011

Shelby

 We finally decided it was time to put down our loved & loyal dog Shelby.  What a difficult day it was for our family.  Justin took her to the vet and had her put to sleep then he buried her out on the farm.  Shelby was almost 14 years old we've had the dogs (Shelby and Pup) long before we had children.  We know she is in a better place, we love ya Shelb!
We had a funeral service for her out on the farm.  McKenzie took these last pictures of Shelby-she also wrote a song for Shelby I thought we needed to include the song on this post.

"Your on Your Way"
Your on your way to a beautiful place
where no one can hurt you inside. 
Your on your way-the time has come I hope you had a good life. 
 I know you know that we loved you so. 
I know you know that we loved you so. 
But your on your way to a beautiful place where you will have no pain.
Your time has come I hope you know that we love you so.
You were the best we could ever have.
Fast, loud, loyal, amazing and nice and famous too.
But your on your way to an amazing place.
I know you know that We Loved You So!!!
Love,
McKenzie (age 9)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OHHH...McKenzie's song is so sweet. I am sorry for your families loss. It's always difficult it is to lose a loving companion.