
I have a hard time keeping my blog updated! I have great intentions but life has a way of getting too busy. Oh Well! We/I had prepared myself for a weekend of working on getting our home ready to sale. Touch-up painting, cleaning, packing, repairing a few things----well none of that happened. My friend Shelley who just moved to Rexburg called Friday afternoon and said lets meet in Idaho Falls and take the kids to Leo's Place to play. That sounded like a lot of fun so I put my work aside and ended up playing all weekend.
Friday-As soon as Brayden got off the bus we headed up to Idaho Falls. The kids always have a good time at Leo's Place. We started off with dinner and playing in the playland. The kids then coaxed us (Shelley) to play some video games. When you play the games you earn tickets for prizes-for some reason I got all wrapped up in getting Brayden and Ben swords. So I evaluated all the games to see where you could get the most tickets for your token. We had a blast! I had a blast! Shelley then challenged me to a game of air hockey-winner Lori! Well, the kids were all still having fun-so we decided to sign them up for laser tag. Justin called during all this -amazed we were still at Leo's place so he came to have dinner and join us. Justin and the boys all played laser tag and had a blast. So much for a good productive work day-but fun night instead!
Saturday-Notice I have no pictures! I know! I know! I was so busy playing I forgot to take a few pics. Oh Well! Saturday morning Brayden and Kenzie had a primary activity day. It was a Articles of Faith Carnival. I've been teaching a class temporarily for a month now so I was in charge of a booth. We had a great morning. Max went to work with Justin up at the farm. Max also had a great time! Justin wanted to go to dinner that night and get a babysitter, I wanted a haircut for Kenzie and I, so we comprimised, we went to Rexburg, Shelley cut our hair and then watched the kids while we went to dinner. Kenzie decided while we were at dinner to really cut her hair. Shelley sent us a picture while we were at dinner. I was surprised it was so short. We love it! A new refreshing look. I'll post a picture of this-see top of blog. Still no work around the house done!
Sunday-Church & Nice relaxing day!
Monday-I'm ready to paint! I am so ready to paint-phone rings-Justin tells me I need to run to Idaho Falls look a the doors and try to get the dimensions for the framers! What! I'm not ready for all of this! I can't decide whether or not to go to McDonald's or Wendy's. Doors?? This house building thing should be interesting! I never invisioned my dream home etc...Wish me luck! If you have any advice or reccomendations on a front door let me know! Another day of no painting done. Brayden had his first ball game. He did awesome! His team is very young! He only had the chance to bat once-he got an awesome hit. He played all bases and stopped every ball. He has made a lot of improvement. The best thing about baseball is seeing the smile on his face while he is playing. He loves it! Now I need to get off this blog and paint! To anyone who actually read this-sorry. In order to justify my new found hobby-blogging I want this to also act as our journal so sorry for the long post.
6 comments:
I love to watch the kids play baseball. It is so fun. Good luck with your painting, I do not envy you that. Have fun planning your new house.
I LOVE KENZIE's hair - it looks so good Kenz! I know you will make good decisions on your home and you will love it.
I asked Glen about a door and he said he would get Black Aluminum/Steel (I don't know what material they are) door too! That is just what we would do though. You will do whatever is you.
I love Kenzie's haircut. So cute. I just read on Haley's blog that Kamyren cut hers too. Seeing all these cute haircuts makes me want to cut mine.
Tell her I love it, it is darling.
Good luck painting and getting your house ready.
Tell Brayden way to go in baseball.
doors... oh, i have thought on this one many times, asked many questions and know just what i would get... one like your mom and dads!!!! i never has to be repainted or restained and it is beautiful!!!! so you are building then, eh??? so excited. after this next week i could come up and help when ever you need me (no work, yay!) let me know!
love kenzie's hair!!! it must be that time of year...
love the hair! Tyson put a knotty alder (sp?...colby help me out) door on the house we built in Saratoga, it was nice, other than that I have no knowledge sorry. Now we have a normal one with a storm door that I actually enjoy.
I love storm/screen doors also. I wanted one on my front door in Idaho. Some of my neighbors had them and they were nice.
Post a Comment