Monday, November 9, 2009

Family Vacation to MEXICO!!!

Way back in May Glen and Katherine called and asked if we wanted to go on vacation after Glen finished his MBA. Justin and I were in the middle of planning our trip to Mexico City, Mexico (where Justin went for work) and I thought for sure Justin would say No. Justin's response to Glen was "Sure sign me up!"! We were able to get a pretty good deal because of the swine flu.
We stayed in Playa Del Carmen, which is about an hour south of Cancun. Our resort was in a private community called Playacar, we stayed in Sandos Playacar Beach Resort and Spa. It is an all inclusive resort, and I would HIGHLY reccomend it to anyone!
Back in May we began the process of getting ready for our family vacation. One of the most exciting preparations for the kids was getting their passports, it was like Christmas when they arrived in the mail. We printed out pictures of the resort and the kids worked to earn some spending money. We could all often be heard saying "Mexico Baby!" We enjoyed counting down to our vacation.
My biggest fear in planning this vacation was ----SWINE FLU!!! Not that I was afraid of getting it down there, but that we would get sick and not get to go. I know I was paranoid!!! (to say the least) My poor children have used enough GERM-X, and taken enough vitamins to keep the companies in business. Thank goodness we were all healthy and had a wonderful vacation! As I get ready to post about our vacation it is interesting how the pictures don't seem to do the vacation justice, it was beautiful, and we had an amazing time!!!

2 comments:

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

So glad you guys had fun. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Love the kids new school pictures. They are so cute.

Crystal said...

Oooh. Sounds like a blast! I'm glad you were all healthy too.